We all agree the “new” 725 page “Inflation Reduction Act” will do nothing to stop or reduce inflation. Nothing will do that until Uncle Joe and his handler stop sending 1 billion dollars to Ukraine every week. It also includes things like a $8 million dollar study of cow farts, numerous revisions to national tax policies, $1.6 million for “equitable growth of shellfish aquaculture industry, and a $925,000 for a “freshwater mussel hatchery”, in Pennsylvania.
But the most egregious item is the section for hiring 87,000 new “irs” agents. This is to beef up the existing 74,000.
If you think these will be accountants and pencil pushers, sit down because your wrong. They will be the ARMED center of the new federal law enforcement. Look at the current “requiting” help wanted on the irs website. Applicants should,
- Adhere to the highest standards of conduct, especially in maintaining honesty and integrity.
- Work a minimum of 50 hours per week, which may include irregular hours, and be on-call 24/7, including holidays and weekends.
- Maintain a level of fitness necessary to effectively respond to life-threatening situations on the job.
- Carry a firearm and be willing to use deadly force, if necessary.
- Be willing and able to participate in arrests, execution of search warrants, and other dangerous assignments.
This has since been taken down, but does that sound like any irs agent you’ve ever met? No mention of accounting proficiency or CPA degrees.
With 87,000 new armed agents, who will supervise these “agents”? Is there that many senior agents? Will they go to a training academy or a boot camp? With that many new hires, who will conduct the background investigations? Will there be any background investigations?
In March of 2022, the “accountants” of the irs purchased 3,353,000 rounds of handgun ammo, 350,000 rounds of shotgun ammo, and almost. 1.5 million rounds of rifle ammo. That’s over 2,000 per employee. In 3 months. Practice? Training?
Make no mistake, these will not be irs agents auditing your tax papers, a firearm is not needed for that. They will become the core of the new federal police that will do the bidding of those in power. The fbi, dea, atfe, nwe, air marshals, U.S. Marshalls service, federal doc and all the others, will all be rolled up into the new command and have national authority. Sound familiar? Sound scary? Damn right.